[ntp:questions] NTPD not receiving any response from timservers

Hal Murray hmurray at suespammers.org
Tue Nov 7 17:29:24 UTC 2006

>> Restrict lines cause enough trouble (like this) that it's probably
>> worth adding some debug printout to the path that drops them due
>> to restrictions.

>That could cause problems of its own!  How many messages would you get,
>per day?

Sorry, I was thinking of only in debug mode.  I think that case is
already printing out a line for each packet sent so one per received
packet dropped due to restrictions seems reasonable.  If you get too
much printout in that mode you probably have other problems and/or
might like to know about it if that isn't the problem you are chasing.