[ntp:questions] Re: uk pool problem

Eugen COCA ecoca at eed.usv.ro
Fri Sep 1 19:07:49 UTC 2006

Per Hedeland wrote:
> A patch to make -u independent of -q and -d is trivial of course, but
> where to send it?:-)

As someone tells us in a quite transparent mode, if you'll atach a
cheque to the bug it will be almost impossible to think you'll not be
able to find an Email address to send them (the bug and the cheque).
Joking, but I know from my experience ... the more you try to improve a
thing the more you waste your time. As we where told, ntpdate is
retired and if you really want to set-up your computer time like
ntpdate do you may look at your watch atfer setting it by looking at
the result of an ntptrace command. If you want better results, use ntpd

Having fun, as at this very moment I've discovered the NTP.pool.org is
in a very big trouble. It seems that their "reference" server(s)
is(are) not in their best days (offsets of 600 to 1200 ms or more are
not quite good). Still watching the behaviour of the system. For those
interested, all ro.pool.ntp.org servers are tracked in this page:

https://ecoca.eed.usv.ro/mrtg/time_servers_ro.pool.ntp.org.html