[ntp:questions] Re: Tardis issue on 64-bit

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.isc.org
Fri Sep 29 01:52:07 UTC 2006

On 2006-09-28, Ronan Flood <ronan at noc.ulcc.ac.uk> wrote:

> Perhaps gatewaying between the newsgroup and the ISC ntp:questions
> mailing-list should be discontinued?

Severing the current gateway would only serve to shut out those who
prefer to use the mailing list instead of Usenet. You're not seriously
suggesting that we shut the door on some of our users, are you?

Anyone who wishes to pretend that the gateway does not exist merely has
to kill-file articles containing the gateway's Organization header or
the X-beenthere header.

BTW: This thread started with a Usenet article, not a gatewayed mailing
list message. So severing the gateway would have had no effect in this
case.