[ntp:questions] deprecated NTPDATE on client

RICCARDO castellani.riccardo at tiscali.it
Mon Apr 2 12:33:30 UTC 2007

I'm using ntpdate (with -B option) at cron interval to retrieve time
from my client; someone says ntpdate is deprecated but I think time
offset is usually very little at every each cron interval and with
"adjtime" system call it's more soft to adjust time. (it slowly steers
pc clock)
Only at boot time I start ntpdate -b xxxx
What do you think ?
I thought to use ntpdate so in this way I have no installed service,
CPU load is more free and I have no attack risks from other machines
(I hope !).