[ntp:questions] GPS and the December 5/6 Solar Flare

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Fri Apr 6 15:06:24 UTC 2007

This receiver wasn't hooked to an NTP server, so I don't have direct
correlation.  However, the number of satellites tracked didn't
noticeably drop, and the signal strength was still in a usable range, so
I doubt there would have been much impact on timekeeping.

Also, my GPS-refclocked NTP server was running from a GPS-disciplined
oscillator which is specifically designed to "ride out" GPS signal
dropouts, so I don't think the NTP data from that unit would yield much
info.

John
----