[ntp:questions] Install NTP distribution for Windows...

Dennis Hilberg Jr dont at spam.me
Tue Aug 14 15:43:59 UTC 2007

raginel_vivien at hotmail.com wrote:
>> You can create a few statistical files, thepeerstatsfile should do the trick
>> here. However, I am not sure about the xmit timestamp value ...
>>
>> Regards,
>> Heiko
>
> As you already know i've installed NTP with the Meinberg Installer,
> but i didn't get how you can produce peerstatsfile...
>
> Here my conf file :
>
> # NTP Network Time Protocol
> # Configuration File created by Windows Binary Distribution Installer
> Rev.: 1.18  mbg
> # please check http://www.ntp.org for additional documentation and
> background information
>
> # Use drift file
> driftfile "C:\Archivos de programa\NTP\etc\ntp.drift"
>
> # your local system clock, could be used as a backup
> # (this is only useful if you need to distribute time no matter how
> good or bad it is)
> #server 127.127.1.0
> # but it should operate at a high stratum level to let the clients
> know and force them to
> # use any other timesource they may have.
> #fudge 127.127.1.0 stratum 12
>
> # Use specific NTP servers
> server ***.***.**.**
>
> # End of generated ntp.conf --- Please edit this to suite your needs
>
> By the way I'm using a specific server.

This is how I enabled stats on my Windows machine with the Meinberg
distribution:

enable stats
statsdir "D:\NTP\log\"
statistics loopstats peerstats
filegen loopstats file loopstats type day enable
filegen peerstats file peerstats type day enable

--
Dennis Hilberg Jr <timekeeper(at)dennishilberg(dot)com>

NTP Server Information: http://saturn.dennishilberg.com/ntp.php