[ntp:questions] Dual-core systems - AMD - Windows Vista

Wed Dec 5 13:38:42 UTC 2007

Martin Burnicki <martin.burnicki at meinberg.de> writes:

[...]
> The test machine is a Intel Pentium D 3 GHz (dual core) with Windows Vista
> x64. Data of the time synchronization performance was collected by the time
> adjustment service which comes with the Meinberg driver package for
> Windows. That service computes the difference between the Windows system
> time and a built-in GPS170PCI card and normally disiplines the system time.
> However, in order to test the accuracy of NTP the Meinberg time service was
> configured just to collect data and not to apply any correnctions to the
> system time.
[...]
What you probably need in addition is a random burst of CPU load (These new
cores change voltage and clock rate depending on the load). I don't know
a script for that, but manipulating a larger image in some image processor
usually does the job...

Regards,
Ulrich