[ntp:questions] Meinberg DCF77 C51 with Linux 2.6

Rune Magnussen rum at gratismail.dk
Sat Feb 10 17:55:45 UTC 2007

Hi.

I am trying to to get my Meinberg DCF77 C51 unit to work. The problem is
that ntpd does not see any timecodes even though thr unit is synchronised
to the radiosignal.

The clock is connected via a modem cable with a null-modem
adapter. I tried with a serial printer cable as well, but not for long. The
serial port is detected by the kernel. As described in the docs I made a
symlink /dev/refclock-0 to /dev/ttyS0. I guess that /dev/ttyS0 is the right one.
as the PC only has one serial port on the outside.

The DCF77 C51 shows up as GENERIC(0) with refid DCFa but the clock is never
"reached". I have activated clockstats in ntpd, but nothing shows up.

What should I try next?

Regards Rune