[ntp:questions] Meinberg DCF77 C51 with Linux 2.6

Maurice Janssen mauricej at xs4all.nl
Sun Feb 11 14:39:22 UTC 2007

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 15:28:16 +0100, Rune Magnussen wrote:
>Den Sun, 11 Feb 2007 14:59:59 +0100. skrev Uwe Klein:
>> Status Leds?
>>
>Netz is on, Feldstärke is on and rather strong.
>Modulation flashes wildly right now. This varies a lot so I will not mess
>with the antenna right now. Freilauf is on since the modulation is bad.
>
>At least ntpd sees status-changes. That did not happen with the other
>cable.

I think your cable is OK now.  The flashes might indicate interference
from other sources.  A monitor with a horizontal refresh rate close to
77 kHz could be a source of such interference, but many other sources
are possible.  You could try to find a location for the antenne where
the modulation led show a regular 1 second interval flash.

--
Maurice