[ntp:questions] how will this effect stability

Ry malayter at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 14:06:48 UTC 2007

On Feb 15, 7:53 am, Uwe Klein <uwe_klein_habertw... at t-online.de>
wrote:

> The bottleneck is handled by autodialing cisco boxes
> _and_  another department.

These probably have the requisite QoS features; you could "gift-wrap"
the configuration changes for the sysadmin and say "all we have to do
is load this config file and test".

> I have enough problems fending of the BOFH and "off into the weekend after
> major changes" problems.
> I am not going to wheedle that guy into introducing QoS stuff.

As my aged mentor used to say, "there are seldom good technical
solutions to behavioral problems." I have been in similar situations
before. But if it is truly a case of the BOFH getting in the way of
business objectives because he/she is lazy or incompetent, I think you
*should* have a chat with senior management. (After an open and honest
discussion with the BOFH of course.)

Regards,
  Ryan