[ntp:questions] HuffPuff

IanC icweb at smoke.com.au
Wed Feb 21 13:10:22 UTC 2007

>From looking at the code, the minimum delay (mindly) for huffpuff is
calculated from the current sys.peer. This seems to cause me some grief
as when ntpd changes sys.peer to a different server, with a different
minimum delay,  I get a systematic offset untill the huffpuff period is
over and the delay from the old server ages out.

Obviously using as short a period as possible for huffpuff will help, as
will minimising clockhopping , but would a better soultion be to do the
huffpuff calculation on each assciation?

Also is there any way to get out the huffpuff values other than running
with -d ?

                                          IanC