[ntp:questions] disable pll not working?

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Wed Jan 24 04:39:34 UTC 2007

Guys,

As most folks know, I resist the urge to comment on NTPv3 (xntpd);
however, I don't know where Yahoo or Youtube or Yazzam latched the
information that enable/disable pll enables or disables the NTP clock
discipline. In xntpd, it ONLY enables or disables the kernel discipline.
In NTPv4 the enable/disable ntp command does enable and disable the
clock discipline, both in the daemon AND the kernel.

Dave