[ntp:questions] What is the best program for Windows XP?

Richard B. Gilbert rgilbert88 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 3 14:45:21 UTC 2007

Ryan Malayter wrote:
> On Jul 3, 2:35 am, Martin Burnicki <martin.burni... at meinberg.de>
> wrote:
>
>>Of course. Heiko has made a little change for NT4 just a few days ago.
>

> I'm just curious, what is the rationale for continued support of an 11
> year old operating system? I know it is all up to the volunteer as to
> what they tackle, but it just seems a bit pointless. I haven't seen a
> running NT4 system in about three years at any of my clients.

Perhaps some of their customers are still using W/NT?  I, too, saw some
W/NT systems three years ago; they're gone now, primarily because the
company was bought out.  We only had four or five left out of about two
hundred desktop PCs; the rest of our Windows systems ran W/2K or W/XP.

Companies are reluctant to replace working systems that get the job
done!  Let one fail, however, and they won't spend a dime repairing it;
just drop it in the dumpster and  bring in a new one.