[ntp:questions] NTP under a Proxy

Elio elio.gi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 08:28:25 UTC 2007

Hi to erveryone,
i'm a new member of this ML and my name is Elio.
I'm a TLC Engineer and I'm doing some tests with NTP for my company.

I should try to use some NTP servers of the NTP server list, in order to
measure delays, jitter and offset.
My company LAN is protected by a Proxy, so I can't access internet directly.
This is a problem for the NTP connection: I've read the possibility to
configure a "proxy connection" in order to use NTP server under a proxy
protected LAN.

Someone can help me in order to explain me the steps that I have to do for
configuring this customized system?
Has someone already used a ntp server under a proxy?

Thank you.

Please note that this is my first message sent to the Mailing List, so
please excuse me if I've done something wrong. In this case please advert me
!

Best Regards,
Elio.