[ntp:questions] Inexpensive home reference clock - WWVB/CDMA?

Pete Stephenson pete+usenet at heypete.com
Wed Jul 11 23:04:22 UTC 2007

In article <1183641808.038169.289650 at i13g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
 jlevine <jlevine at boulder.nist.gov> wrote:

> You might consider using a standard modem and telephone line and
> connecting to the NIST ACTS service.

Judah,

Good advice, and something I was considering. However, the only landline
telephone here is a VoIP phone, so there's no advantage to me using ACTS
over VoIP compared to NTP. Indeed, it'd probably be a disadvantage.

On a somewhat side note, thanks to you and anyone else who works to keep
the atomic clocks, ACTS, WWVB, and other NIST-provided time services up
and running. If you ever come out to Tucson, or I come to Boulder, I'll
buy you a beer or something.

--
Pete Stephenson
HeyPete.com