[ntp:questions] A Suggestion For Abolishing the Leap Second

Quadibloc jsavard at ecn.ab.ca
Fri Jun 8 11:56:51 UTC 2007

Steve Kostecke wrote:
> A lone '.' on a line is the SMTP end of message marker. It has to be
> escaped (by doubling it up) if it is to be ignored.
>
> If my signature is attached to this article we are now escaping the lone
> dot correctly.

The reason I was doing this is: Google Groups deletes the blank line I
try to leave between the last line of quoted material and the first
line of my reply. So I put the dot in to maintain the formatting of my
post without being visually obtrusive. I was afraid that might have
something to do with it.

John Savard