[ntp:questions] ntp sync and NetworkManger

Todd Partridge partridge.todd at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 19:27:47 UTC 2007

Fine evening all!  I'm having a little bit of a problem configuring.
I not too long back got gentoo running and am real happy with this
setup.  One of the first things II noticed is that it doesn't have all
the detailed configurations that Ubuntu does.  Recently I've installed
NetworkManager which is a beautiful app if you run a laptop, however
using this now creates a bootup problem.  Since connectivity to the
network doesn't happen till after the desktop is loaded  it nulls the
script for ntp at boot time.  I noticed from ntp's man page I noticed
you can run ntpdate as a cron-job.  Anyone had any experience with
this? would this be the best way recommended?  or perhaps there is a
different method I could be doing to sync my clock?