[ntp:questions] ntpd for embedded system

Dmitry Ivanov dimss at telecentrs.lv
Fri Mar 9 08:00:54 UTC 2007

On 9 Mar 2007, at 03:48, Danny Mayer wrote:
> All in all I think you may not be running the reference implementation
> of NTP.

BTW, I am using Linux port of OpenNTPD for my embedded projects. Why?
Because openntpd is smaller than "real" ntpd. And it works good
enough for us. We have very limited flash memory...

Hundreds of devices have to run unattended 24x7 with unreliable
network connectivity. The funny part of the story is that our
hardware has no hardware clock. It's 1 Jan 2000 after every boot :)
Small shell script solves the problem.

--
Dmitry Ivanov
Network engineer