[ntp:questions] Bad NTP servers jeopardizing the pool.ntp.org initiative

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.isc.org
Sun Mar 25 19:56:10 UTC 2007

H> I like the concept of the pool/exclude lines, I do not (at this time)
H> like this particular implementation (pool/exclude lines).

D> Not to worry, nothing's been implemented.

OK, perhaps I should have said I don't like this particlular design.

I would prefer something where, for example, in the case where we are
using a 'name' as opposed to an address that we:

- figure out how many addresses/name we want to use.
- if an address does/has not 'associated' within X seconds, we
  re-resolve and start the cycle over again.