[ntp:questions] sanity check problem

Per Jessen per at computer.org
Thu May 3 06:55:39 UTC 2007

All,

a while ago I wrote to ask about a problem regarding NTPD quitting when
it was asked to do an insane time adjustment.  While I still think NTPD
shouldn't quit because of this, at least my problem has now disappeared
almost by itself.

The log message:
"time correction of -1770705976 seconds exceeds sanity limit (1000); set
clock manually to the correct UTC time."

At the time it looked like it was a problem with the clock driver and
the first synchronisation.

However, I've recently moved the receiver and unexpectedly it's now
getting a better reception of the DCF77 signal.  Or that's what it
looks like.  Before I would easily have the "sanity limit" problem at
least once a day - now I haven't seen it for more than a week.

/Per Jessen, Zürich

--
ENIDAN Technologies GmbH - managed email security.
Starting at SFr1/month/user - http://www.spamchek.ch/