[ntp:questions] Can anyone interpret these loopstats?

Ryan Malayter malayter at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 22:45:31 UTC 2007

On Nov 26, 4:04 pm, "David J Taylor" <david-tay... at blueyonder.not-this-
bit.nor-this-bit.co.uk> wrote:

> Ryan,
>
> Some interetsing points there - I've just changed to the High Performance
> plan and, while there are no BIOS or Processor settings there (even with
> the Show Me Everything enabled), the HD turn-off time was 20 minutes by
> default.  So I've changed that to Never.
>
> Let's see what that does....

Hmm... every Vista PC I've encountered has processor power management
settings available, but they are horribly buried in the UI, as is the
new custom in Vista.

Go to Windows Menu->Control Panel->Power Options. Then click on
"change plan details" for any plan. Then click on "Change Advanced
Power Settings" hyperlink, and finally "change power settings that are
currently unavailable" hyperlink to edit items that require
administrative control. That will get you to a tree view of all power
management settings available on the PC. There should be an entry
called "Processor Power Management".

Of course, we only have Vista on newer hardware. If you don't see
those options, can I ask what sort of hardware are you using? Do you
have power management disabled in your PC's BIOS?

Regards,
Ryan