[ntp:questions] drift file set to -500

Hal Murray hal-usenet at ip-64-139-1-69.sjc.megapath.net
Thu Nov 29 07:45:48 UTC 2007

>I don't think it's a hardware product defect. Because we have two of
>them, and we had run the same test on both of the board, we still got
>the same error. Thanks,

There are two kinds of hardware (or software) errors.  One is a design
error.  The problem happens all the time on all units.  The other type
is something like a broken something.  If you use that something, you
will get the wrong answer.

Getting the same result on two board doesn't rule out design errors.
Neither does it help you determine if the problem is hardware or
software.