[ntp:questions] ntpd just not working

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 15:57:39 UTC 2007

On Sun, 7 Oct 2007 14:24:39 +0200
"Maarten Wiltink" <maarten at kittensandcats.net> wrote:

> You, on the other hand, have Problems. With the cut down config file,
> at least NTP is now starting, but you're not getting any traffic even
> without the restrictions. Review your firewall again, this time under
> the assumption that you do have one.

No firewalls. From the capture I can clearly see only a request and
reply. There's no attempt to communicate with the time server at all.

Sounds to me like the config is simply blocking things. I tried reading
the man page but why does this have to be so hard? I just want to
setup a simple ntpd for the local machine.

Is there a tutorial out there with some example configs for standard
setups?

Mike