[ntp:questions] More Granularity in the US in the NTP Pool

evandro at mailinator.com evandro at mailinator.com
Sun Sep 9 07:20:34 UTC 2007

FL may be far from ME, but it's closer than CA.  But I get your
point.  I just suggested time-zones for North America because there
might be hesitation on the pool maintainers to add 50 states...

Of course, continents with small counties, such as Europe, already
achieve the granularity that I'm after.  So I wouldn't say that all
countries need more granularity.  Then again, other large countries
such as Russia, Canada, China, Brazil, etc, could also benefit from a
scheme with more granularity, whether states/provinces or time-zones.

Either way, I believe that it would be an improvement over continents
or countries in some cases.