[ntp:questions] pool.ntp.org large spikes?

Danny Mayer mayer at ntp.isc.org
Fri Sep 14 04:56:18 UTC 2007

Hal Murray wrote:
>> AFAIK all attempts to contact Turk Telecom have failed so far, I myself sent a
>> mail to their Technical Director but never got any response.
>
> It's nothing personal.  They have a similar reputation in the
> anti-spam community for being short of clues and not talking to
> anybody about it.
>
> It might take something like blocking all their requests to the DNS servers
> to attract their attention.

You could add their IP addresses to the DNS blacklist which means that
they won't get a reply. This works with BIND but other nameserver
implementations do have such features. You also have to consider the
consequences of doing that, not least of which could cause the
nameservers to get hammered.

Danny