[ntp:questions] setting the time using gps-time and pps without ntpd?

Nicola Berndt nb at komeda-berlin.de
Fri Apr 25 18:22:24 UTC 2008

Nero Imhard schrieb:
> Nicola Berndt wrote:
>
>> I use a Conrad USB-Receiver that contains a U-Blox board. I took the
>> PPS-Signal from the according pins inside the device myself and tested,
>
> It's still unclear to me. In your original post you wrote that you used
> USB for the gps data and the RS232 CD line for the PPS pulse, but now it
> seems like maybe you also feed the PPS through USB (bad idea).
>
> A quick glance over the specs tells me that your mainboard has a serial
> port. Do you use it?

Hi all,

just wanted to let everyone that answered me, that I will be gone until
monday and have a further look into things then.

I'm in a rush right now, but in short: I used rs232 for pps and usb for
gps. I used the shm-driver and two others, just forgot the name and have
no time to look them up.

Thx, anyway and I'll report back monday..

Nice weekend!
../nico

--
Nico Berndt