[ntp:questions] ntp server help

Mikel Jimenez mikel at irontec.com
Thu Aug 7 12:05:30 UTC 2008

Hello

I have 4 ip cameras and I configured with ntp server 10.219.229.1, a
Debian NTP Server. I am Having problems to synchronize cameras because I
need at least 0.01 seconds of offset and I am having more than this
value, as you can see in the graphic. Is very important that cameras
time be very accuracy . Please help, is for an important project
I query cameras with this script

#! /bin/bash
umbral=0.010000

dato=$(ntpdate -q $1 | grep ntpdate | grep offset | awk '{ print $10 }')

verifi=$(echo $umbral $dato| awk '{if ($1 > $2) print "ok"; else print
"fail"}')

if [ $verifi =  "ok" ]; then
echo "OK ($dato)"
exit 0