[ntp:questions] chu and wwv audio driver problems in debian lenny

Jon Kåre Hellan dev at null.com
Mon Dec 1 12:17:23 UTC 2008

jimmyterrence at gmail.com writes:

> I've been trying for the past couple of weeks to set up an ntp server
> syncing with chu using the audio drivers.  I got sound set up on the
> computer that I'm using (an old dell GX110) using the open sound
> drivers from http://www.opensound.com/
>
> idev /dev/dsp
> cdev /dev/mixer
> source line
> agc line
> monitor line

Does "modprobe snd_pcm_oss" help?

I was fighting with a program which expected to find /dev/audio, and
one of my computers didn't have it. I've no idea why this computer
didn't load the snd_pcm_oss module whilst the others did, but loading
snd_pcm_oss manually made the problem go away.

I think /dev/dsp and /dev/mixer are part of the same family.

Regards
Jon

Jon Kåre Hellan, UNINETT, Trondheim, Norway