[ntp:questions] strange behaviour of ntp peerstats entries.

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Sun Feb 3 20:56:50 UTC 2008

Bill,

Not quite. There must always be a selection in every run of eight
samples, so there can be no more than seven unselected samples in a row.
To gain more insight, run ntpd with -d to produce a trace. Note in the
clock_filter trace the age value, which is the interval from the last
selected minimum sample to the current time.

In passing, the clock_filter statistics in that trace refer to the
minimum sample, not the current sample. That should probably be changed.

Dave