[ntp:questions] Lep seconds

marknmbox-88 at yahoo.com marknmbox-88 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 2 23:21:58 UTC 2008

I don't want to step on anyones toes but I am getting
a lot of heat over using a POSIX compliant ntp re leap
seconds.  The 1 second error inserted can cause a lot
of trouble.

I now that the Olsen mod changes most Unix/Linux time
processing to handle the leap second in a
theoretically correct manner rather than being POSIX
compliant.  Is there a similar mod for NTP.  I am
hoping that there is a mod that will cause NTP to
supply theoretical UTC (even if it is not ascci).

                            Mark