[ntp:questions] Distribution security

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Sun Jan 6 08:24:38 UTC 2008

>>> In article <-LOdncUxJvfOmR3anZ2dnUVZ_ovinZ2d at megapath.net>, hal-usenet at ip-64-139-1-69.sjc.megapath.net (Hal Murray) writes:

>> When I wrote that I was unaware of the html page.  I'm a Unix guy and I
>> generally don't even consider looking for html docs - I am used to (and
>> expect) man pages.

Hal> Me too.

Me too.  Many other folks agree as well.

Hal> Would it help to ship dummy man pages that just pointed to the html
Hal> documentation?

Please see:

 http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Dev/GNUAutoGenConversion
 http://members.ntpforum.isc.org/bin/view/Main/ForumProject00003
 http://members.ntpforum.isc.org/bin/view/Main/ForumProject00004

and it might be pretty easy for somebody to put the URLs in the various .def
files to get the interim step Hal describes out there sooner.

I'd be real happy if somebody did this, as I'm gonna be crushed for time for
the next few months' time.
--
Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org>
http://ntpforum.isc.org  - be a member!