[ntp:questions] NTP topology design question

Erik Soosalu esoosalu at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 17 15:07:43 UTC 2008

I remember seeing something about this before, but I can no longer find it, so I'm going to ask here.

I've got a Garmin GPS17HVS driving a HP thin-client and I seem to be getting good results from it.  This setup is sitting in my head office and is currently working very well as I can tell.

Now I'm looking at a next steps - is it wise to setup another ntp server as a peer?  I'm thinking of setting up another server at a geographically remote location (~50ms over the private wan) and having that peer with the existing box.  All critical equipment would be setup with both NTP boxes as their servers.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Erik