[ntp:questions] NTP vs chrony comparison (Was: oscillations in ntp clock synchronization)

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.co.uk.invalid
Sat Jan 26 14:47:55 UTC 2008

Jan Ceuleers wrote:

> NIST is a US government institution; might there perhaps be different
> laws or regulations elsewhere in the world? Does anyone among the
> readership here know?

I used the US case as that is the one that has come up on the newsgroup,
but I assume there are similar rules elsewhere.  I think the NIST is
only documenting the rules in this case, my guess is that it is the SEC
that sets them, in the USA. I did the search with a site:nist.gov to
reduce the false positives.