[ntp:questions] question about DST

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.co.uk.invalid
Sun Jun 1 10:54:43 UTC 2008

With luck, you have now done the easy part.  The difficult part comes in
  three months when the clocks go back.  You will almost certainly have
some applications that run on wall clock time and don't tolerate
backward steps in time.

Incidentally, the reason that I ruled out Pakistan initially was that
the previous change was easily within living memory of anyone working in
IT, whereas the previous change in Morocco might be unknown to anyone
below their mid thirties.  That conflicted with the statement that this
was the first ever use.

I think the earlier DST question was in relation to Morocco, as I seem
to remember a French connection.  They will have the same consideration
when the clocks go back.