[ntp:questions] ACTS Problem with Internal Modem

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Wed Jun 11 17:59:17 UTC 2008

>>> In article <ea42693a-35fc-4699-bb6a-a4af6d6a707f at q27g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, taro.johnson at gmail.com writes:

> On Jun 10, 5:08 am, Steve Kostecke <koste... at ntp.org> wrote:
>> On 2008-06-10, Harlan Stenn <st... at ntp.org> wrote:
>>
>> > Just to ask, have you seenhttp://bugs.ntp.org/367?
>>
>> Bug 367 concerns an ACTS driver problem:
>>
>> | ACTS driver hangs up after header receipt
>>
>> Please see the bug report for additional log information as well as
>> on-going discussion.
>>
>> -- Steve Kostecke <koste... at ntp.org> NTP Public Services Project
>> -http://support.ntp.org/hat

taro> No I hadn't seen the bug provided but after reading over it, I would
taro> say that it doesn't apply the problem I'm having. This modem doesn't
taro> have any dip switches to set but I will see if there is a method to
taro> reset the modem to its factory defaults. I as well saw what appears to
taro> be the modem string being echoed back.

The issue is not about DIP switches, it is about a timing issue on some
machines where Greg says adding a small delay greatly improves the ability
of the ACTS driver to successfully complete a call to get the time.

--
Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org>
http://ntpforum.isc.org  - be a member!