[ntp:questions] 1 Machine, 2 NICs, 2 Instances of ntpd; Possible?
John.Johnson at gdc4s.com
Tue Mar 11 17:12:42 UTC 2008
> One instance of ntpd is all that is necessary to perform both of these
> tasks at the same time.
I realize that what I am trying to do is very easily accomplished with
instance of ntpd. However, I assure you that the manner in which I am
trying to accomplish it is absolutely necessary for my particular
I found a definitive answer in the code.
ntp_io.c, line 1232
* Check to see if we are going to use the interface
* If we don't use it we mark it to drop any packet
* received but we still must create the socket and
* bind to it. This prevents other apps binding to it
* and potentially causing problems with more than one
* process fiddling with the clock
This explains why an instance was still receiving packets from an
that was not specified with '-I'.
Thank you very much for the help.
More information about the questions