[ntp:questions] minpoll 3

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Tue Mar 18 02:44:12 UTC 2008

Serge,

The ntp-dev version says 5p113, but I can't confirm this is the same as
the current snapshot. In any case, you need to set the minimum average
headway/system minimum poll interval to 3 in both the server and client;
otherwise, the server will declare a rate violation and toss you a KoD.
Use the discard average 3 command in both the server and client. More in
the web documentation on the Rate Management and Kiss-o'-Death page.
Also, you can find an informal report on recent code upgrades at
www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/upgrade.txt.

Dave