[ntp:questions] Using Garmin GPS-III+ as Time source

George R.Kasica georgek at netwrx1.com
Sat Nov 22 13:10:50 UTC 2008

Hello:

Just curious if this is usable as an NTP time source.

I have an old Garmin GPS-III+ lying around here (its a small handheld
GPS unit) that I can power from an AC Adapter and get a solid GPS
signal out of indoors actually that will provide NEMA 0183 version 2.0
output from RS232 that I have already got a cable for.

How/can I configure ntpd to utilize this setup in linux?? Or am I
after something that I can't do with this unit? Does someone have an
alternative recommendation??

Thanks,
--
===[George R. Kasica]===        +1 262 677 0766
President                       +1 206 374 6482 FAX
georgek at netwrx1.com
ICQ #12862186