[ntp:questions] GPS clock for Linux

Hal Murray hal-usenet at ip-64-139-1-69.sjc.megapath.net
Thu Sep 11 23:54:25 UTC 2008

>   I am interested in getting a GPS clock to synchronize our internal
>test network.  I am curious to hear about relativley cheap and Linux
>friendly GPS clock. (Less than $100 would be great)

The Garmin GPS 18 LVC is popular.  "Some assembly required."
(aka soldering)  No big deal if somebody has a soldering iron
handy.  There are a couple of links from here:
  http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Support/InexpensiveOemGps

Bewares:
  You don't want the GPS 18 USB version.

  There are a lot of low cost USB GPS gizmos that use the
SiRF Star III.  They suck for timekeeping.