[ntp:questions] Radioclock connection via serial to usb adaptor on Linux or BSD?

Fri Aug 28 21:31:37 UTC 2009

David Lord wrote:
> Other than more expensive adaptors I can't see any specs
>  giving details for serial to usb other than drivers for
>  Windows supplied and at around 15 quid for an adapter
>  I don't really want to blow that much.

Is 15 quid, 15.00 GBP ~= 24.4057 USD?

 How cheap do USB serial adapters get, half that at the low end?

  ... and then expect it to support PPS signaling,
   and come with OS drivers for Linus & BSD with PPS support?

   I suppose, however at those costs, what is the
    manufacturers incentive to expend the extra resources
    to support PPS on several OSes for such a small number
    of potential sales increase?

  will be added to the BlackLists.