[ntp:questions] Radioclock connection via serial to usb adaptor on Linux or BSD?

Uwe Klein uwe_klein_habertwedt at t-online.de
Sun Aug 30 09:01:52 UTC 2009

David Lord wrote:
> Uwe Klein wrote:
>
>> David Lord wrote:

>>> Problem is that a half price adapter might work ok and a
>>> twice price adapter is useless. Specs aren't easy to obtain
>>> and price isn't a guide.
>>

>> The cheapest variety I have bought was <2Euro each.
>> There is no correlation between price and quality ( or driver support )
>>
>> Linux support is via USB VendorID/PartID ( and you can fudge that
>> if you are certain that the specimen you have is just a rename of
>> another part  which is quite often the case ).
>>

> uplcom: vendor 0x067b product 0x2303, rev 1.10/2.02, addr 2

067b  Prolific Technology, Inc.
         0000  PL2301 USB-USB Bridge
         0001  PL2302 USB-USB Bridge

**      2303  PL2303 Serial Port

         2305  PL2305 Parallel Port
         2307  PL2307 USB-ATAPI4 Bridge
         2315  Flash Disk Embedded Hub
         2316  Flash Disk Security Device

That looks like an unmodified PL2303 Adapter.( rather widespread )

uwe