[ntp:questions] Anyone ever consider running NTP in an nVidia GPU core?

Todd Glassey tglassey at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 1 07:25:52 UTC 2009

David - I was just looking at a real-time control process a friend had
implemented for a controller which is handling some very fast nuclear
events and parts of the sensor code is actually running in an nVidia GPU
core and it hit me, what a neat timing server it would make. I bring
this up because of the other applications for the GPU's (cryptography)
as well.

The compilers are all there and it will keep time in the embedded GPU
module with an external reference even better. Would be an interesting
project.

Todd