[ntp:questions] Win2k3 Server as NTP server?

Richard B. Gilbert rgilbert88 at comcast.net
Thu Dec 3 13:36:59 UTC 2009

Why Tea wrote:
> Can Windows 2003 server be used as an NTP server
> within an organization? The info from Wikipedia seems
> to suggest NO (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_Time_Protocol).
>
> Did anybody have any experience with running an NTP
> server on a Windows server? Please share your
> experience. Thanks.
>
> /Why Tea

Running NTPD on Windows *as* *a* *server* would be most people's LAST
choice unless there is no other!  Windows "Vista" may have changed this
but, the last time I looked, Windows' clock "ticks" every 17
milliseconds.  Using this as a server is like "measure with micrometer,
mark with chalk, cut with axe"!