[ntp:questions] One last release candidate (in name only) and a new -stable

Frank Wayne fwayne at frankwayne.com
Thu Dec 10 00:20:13 UTC 2009

David Hart wrote:
> I have uploaded x86 Windows binaries for 4.2.6 to my website.

FYI, I downloaded the non-debug 4.2.6 binaries from your website and replaced the 4.2.4p7 Meinberg binaries on one of my Windows 2003 R2 x86 servers. When I started the service, it pegged my (single-core) Pentium 4 CPU and made the UI completely non-responsive. I couldn't even get Task Manager to respond. I had to power down manually and then started safe mode to copy the old binaries back.

Are there any special requirements for the binary you compiled?