[ntp:questions] Help with reference identifier for stratum 2 version 4.

Poster Matt postermatt at no_spam_for_me.org
Sun Dec 13 15:06:39 UTC 2009

Thanks for the clarification David, it's appreciated.

One quick thing if you have a moment to clarify it for me. Was I right in
writing that in the transmit timestamp (in a NTP message being sent to the
server) that the "low order unused bits" get randomized. 2 questions about
that; is that just version 4 not 3, and are the "low order unused bits" of
that timestamp just the final byte?

Thanks again. Regards,

Matt