[ntp:questions] Busybox and ntp

Hal Murray hal-usenet at ip-64-139-1-69.sjc.megapath.net
Fri Dec 18 08:04:54 UTC 2009

>but have hit some snags where certain commands are not supported in
>busybox (service start/stop/reset, chkconfig).

service is just a script/program to run one of the start/stop
scritps.  It may be a redhat/fedora/linux thing.  google will
find the man page.

chkconfig is a utility to setup the links for starting
and stopping services.  Again, there is a man page.

If you aren't familiar with how servers get started/stopped,
look in /etc/rc.d and friends.