[ntp:questions] Busybox and ntp

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hp.com
Fri Dec 18 22:27:37 UTC 2009

Hal Murray <hal-usenet at ip-64-139-1-69.sjc.megapath.net> wrote:
> >but have hit some snags where certain commands are not supported in
> >busybox (service start/stop/reset, chkconfig).

> service is just a script/program to run one of the start/stop
> scritps.  It may be a redhat/fedora/linux thing.  google will
> find the man page.

> chkconfig is a utility to setup the links for starting
> and stopping services.  Again, there is a man page.

> If you aren't familiar with how servers get started/stopped,
> look in /etc/rc.d and friends.

Would this then be a case of it being better to at least occasionally
build one's mnemonic memory circuits from stone knives and bear
skins?-) Or put another way, an example of the perils of speed-dial...

rick jones
--
I don't interest myself in "why." I think more often in terms of
"when," sometimes "where;" always "how much."  - Joubert