[ntp:questions] Meinberg NTP monitor, silly question

G8KBV g8kbv at nospam-uko2.co.uk
Mon Dec 21 11:43:18 UTC 2009

In article <B6vXm.17261$Ym4.10800 at text.news.virginmedia.com>, david-
taylor at blueyonder.delete-this-bit.and-this-part.co.uk.invalid says...

> > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Serial
> > ImagePath  REG_SZ  system32\drivers\Serialpps.sys
>
> On XP I have the path as type REG_EXPAND_SZ, but I don't think that
> matters if you don't have nay strings which need to be expanded.

Hi again...

OK, I've got everything as it should be, but...

I see in the companion registry entry, for the 'serenum' key, that the
ImagePath type is indeed REG_EXPAND_SZ, where as in the 'serial' key,
the ImagePath is just REG_SZ.

I've tried all sorts in there, resulting in either no working com ports
at all, or just the standard MS driver being loaded.  I cannot find a
way to change the value type from REG_SZ to REG_EXPAND_SZ.

I checked the file sizes, and they all correspond you your 32 bit file
sizes just fine.

I remember Dave Hart saying something about this a long time back to
someone else, and the need to enter a long string of hex digits for the
ImagePath registry entry.  But I can't find that information any more.

For now, it's still defaulting to usermode timestamps.   Any other
idea's?

Regards.

Dave Baxter.