[ntp:questions] A faster settling NTP

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.delete-this-bit.and-this-part.co.uk.invalid
Thu Dec 24 20:33:15 UTC 2009

"unruh" <unruh at wormhole.physics.ubc.ca> wrote in message
news:slrnhj7b8s.q83.unruh at wormhole.physics.ubc.ca...
[]
> Sorry my referents confused you. It is the code for chrony on ntp that
> is not available (does not exist). And it is not "replacing one small
> part".

Why not take a different approach, then?  Start with chrony to make the
system rapidly stable, and then turn control over to NTP.  Is something
like that possible?

[]
>> Is this not an open sauce project?  <G>
>
> Yes, and it has been taken over now by others, who have added refclock
> support, IPV6 support, bug fixes in the past month or so. But noone has
> stepped forward who is interested in adding windows support yet.
> Are you volunteering?

Were it in Delphi, I would consider helping, but I don't "do" C/C++, which
I find a most obscure and unhelpful language, and arcane "make"
environments.  I can and do use C DLLs written for Windows from Delphi,
though.

Cheers,
David