[ntp:questions] tardisnt unexpected WAN access

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.org
Tue Feb 17 16:52:26 UTC 2009

On 2009-02-17, Mike -- Email Ignored <m_d_berger_1900 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 03:24:03 +0000, Danny Mayer wrote:
>
>> You are better off installing the free Windows version of ntp
>> reference implementation in which case you would get lots of answers
>> here. Why pay for something that you can get for free and for that
>> matter is far better even on Windows? Check out Meinberg's installer
>> here: http://www.meinberg.de/english/sw/ntp.htm and you will never
>> look back.
>
> I don't remember whether I paid for it; I think that they have a free
> download.

If you have questions about TardisNT's behavior the best source of
answers is the author of that software.

Most of the people who frequent this news-group use NTP from
www.ntp.org.

> As for "far better", while I have no experience with the product you
> mention,

The link that Danny posted is for a Windows "port" of The NTP Reference
Implementation from www.ntp.org.

The NTP Reference Implementation is the original implementation of NTP.
It has been in active development for over 20 years.

More information is available at http://www.ntp.org/ and
http://support.ntp.org/

--
Steve Kostecke <kostecke at ntp.org>